A few days home and things are fully back to normal. Thankfully Madison’s stomach is one of those things! The scheduling of yet another pelvic ultrasound is another. I still question whether it would be better to know for sure if I was BRCA positive. I am not sure if it really matters at this point I guess.
After realizing that there was a history of prostate cancer in men on my father’s side, added to the breast cancer issues on my mothers, I reached out to the genetic counselor to see if it made a difference in the insurances companies payment position. I have heard back from the genetic counselor and it does not. She sent me the full bullet pointed criteria laid out by the insurance company.
I can not worry about things I can not control. This puts and end to the thoughts of testing for me. I have already had a prophylactic mastectomy and the fact that I have scheduled my third pelvic ultrasound in roughly 5 months shows a close eye is being kept on me. Pending the results of this round I will need to make some decisions. Until then, well tomorrow is another day!