What a day

What a morning.  As I continue my party to the operating room agenda, I had a big reality check this morning…I am not a young party animal anymore!  We had friends over last evening and had a great time as did the kids.  They watched movies and played all night in the basement until one by one they all fell asleep. MY mix of B-52’s and beer made for an extremely rough morning the likes of which I don’t think I have seen since college…nor do I plan on repeating any time soon!  It was a great time though!

Happy Fathers day to my husband.  The kids have kept him busy all day washing the car then reading together under the willow tree.  Very cute!  Then wrapped up the afternoon going for ice cream…for dinner.  Not an activity I would normally approve of but hey..guess once in a while it can’t hurt.

I did finally talk to the girls today.  I did not tell them more than they really needed to know.  I stressed that I was not sick and by doing this would not get sick.  They reacted according to their normal personalities..Madison started talking loud and fast and running up and down the hall way between questions.  I will need to keep an eye on her.  It is still processing in her little 5-year-old brain.  She did tell me that she did not want to visit me in the hospital because of what happened last year.  She said it scared her and she did not want to go back.  I told her that I fully understood.

Megan on the other hand is my worrier .  She tried to be tough until I told her that it was alright to tell me what she was thinking.  Then the tears came.  Lots of hugs between questions.  She seems fine now.  I guess we will take it day by day.

We are now just 2 weeks away from the mastectomy.  Wow..almost hard to wrap my head around.  After a year of biopsy, scans, appointments and worry we are almost there.  Finally!  I can not wait until it is over!

2 thoughts on “What a day”

  1. My girl’s biggest fear was that she would never be able to hug me again. She felt much better when we hugged for the first time. (lots of pillows! :-)) Good luck, and hang in there!

  2. My little one was concerned that I may not have a TV in the hospital. Funny what goes through their minds. They are both a bit scared but for the most part they handled it pretty well I guess. Can’t wait until the surgery is over and I am back home with them..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s